TELUS STORYHIVE does NOT pay any license fees for completed programs selected for distribution on our Optik TV Video on Demand platform. Our financial contribution to projects which receive Distribution Support is for closed captioning and re-encoding so that the content complies with CRTC broadcast regulations and our technical requirements. Accepted projects receive exposure and gain audience by being made available for free on Optik TV Video on Demand to our 1,000,000+ Optik TV subscribers in BC and Alberta.
Articles in this section
- I have not yet completed Production, and we require a Letter of Intent (LOI) to Distribute from TELUS in order to be eligible for funding from other agencies/groups. How can I get this LOI from TELUS?
- Once I deliver my Distribution project, how long does it take to be made available on TELUS Optik TV VOD?
- How do I know you received my application?
- Does TELUS STORYHIVE pay a license fee for distribution?
- Will you run our show if it has run on another community channel?
- Does our submission screener need to meet the A/V Technical Requirements?
- Am I able to include advertising within my project?
- Does TELUS provide any license or acquisition fees for projects selected for STORYHIVE Distribution?
- Do I need a transcription for a program being submitted for STORYHIVE Distribution?