To submit an application, you must register as a creator on STORYHIVE.com.
From there, applicants create an online submission that includes:
The following submission materials for your proposed project will be visible to the public on your project page on the Website (once a successful project has been awarded a grant):
- Project Title (text field)
- Format (dropdown menu: Interview Style; Documentary Series; other)
- Logline (text field, maximum 120 characters)
- Synopsis (text field, maximum 800 characters)
- Projected Combined Runtime (enter the combined total running time in minutes; minimum combined running time is 45 minutes, recommended maximum 180 minutes)
- Interview Subjects or Host(s) (image upload with text field for description, JPEG, PNG; 500 x 500 pixels; maximum 5MB)
- Visual Component (image upload with text field for description, JPEG, PNG; 720 x 720 pixels; maximum 5MB)
- Inclusion Statement (text field)
- Title card (image upload JPEG, PNG; 1920 x 1080 pixels; maximum 5MB)
- Box art (image upload JPEG, PNG; 840 x 1200 pixels; maximum 5MB)
- 60 Second Pitch Video - max 60 second pitch video (share a public YouTube link)
Project Details for Jury:
The following submission materials will be reviewed by the jury and STORYHIVE team. They will not be available to the public.
- Where did you hear about this Edition? (dropdown menu)
- Community Relevancy (text field)
- Why you? (text field)
- How are you going to tell the story? (text field)
- Draft Treatment (PDF upload)
- Locations (text field)
- Production Experience (Text field)
- Key Role Requirements (check box)
- Eligibility Requirement (check box)
- Budget (template with text fields)
- TELUS STORYHIVE Submission Release Agreement (check boxes)
NOTE: in order to complete your submission you must accept the terms of and sign the TELUS STORYHIVE Submission Release Agreement.
For full details, see the "How to participate" section in the STORYHIVE 2020 Podcast Edition Submission Guidelines and Rules.
For advice on how to complete each section of the application, please refer to our “How do I create a strong STORYHIVE application?” guide.