Participants will receive:
- Participation in Youth Edition Workshops - Reel Youth will provide a 2-day workshop offered in Kelowna and Kamloops over 2 weekends in February 2020. Each Project Team must have their Adult Project Lead and up to 5 Project Lead Youths attend one of the two Youth Edition Workshops.
- Mentorship during production
- Reel Youth will provide mentorship support to each Project Team to support them with their production and post-production needs.
- Each awarded Project Team will receive $10,000 CAD to complete their project. The funding will be provided to the host organization. Eligible expenses are:
- Equipment rental
- Production costs
- Teacher Professional Development in film related training
Plus by the end of the program teams will walk away with their own completed documentary short film will be featured on TELUS Optik TV On Demand and other TELUS Platforms (including but not limited to Optik on the Go). Teams will retain all the rights including copyright to their finished Projects;
For further details, please see our Youth Community Stories Submission Rules.