You are free to submit your project to festivals after delivery to TELUS. TELUS takes a non-exclusive license for 10 years to distribute the content on Optik TV Video On Demand and on its other platforms (such as the STORYHIVE website, Optik On The Go App, and our YouTube channel). Selected projects will be made available on any or all of these platforms and may remain available to the public for the duration of the license. It is the responsibility of each Project Lead to determine any restrictions with music, film or TV festivals and/or other distributors.
Articles in this section
- Is TELUS able help on Incorporation/chain of title/legal and business affairs/accounting issues related to my project?
- Can I use an Incorporated Company or a Sole Proprietorship?
- What are the obligations around contracts, legal council, insurance and unions?
- I’m doing a project on a current event or ‘hot-button’ issue. Is there anything special I need to be aware of?
- I have some swearing/nudity/violence/drug use/drinking/smoking/other questionable content in my project. Is that a problem?
- What rights do I need for the project?
- Do I have to have music rights?
- Can my project change after the final TELUS submission?
- Can my concept change during production?
- What is the volunteer report and who is considered a volunteer?