No. TELUS STORYHIVE does NOT pay any license fees for completed programs selected for distribution on our Optik TV Video on Demand platform. Our financial contribution for projects which receive distribution support is for closed captioning and re-encoding so that the content complies with CRTC broadcast regulations and our technical requirements. Accepted projects receive exposure and gain audience by being made available for free on Optik TV Video on Demand to our 1,000,000+ Optik TV subscribers in BC and Alberta.
- I have not yet completed Production, and we require a Letter of Intent (LOI) to Distribute from TELUS in order to be eligible for funding from other agencies/groups. How can I get this LOI from TELUS?
- Once I deliver my project for STORYHIVE Showcase, how long does it take to be made available on TELUS’ Optik TV On Demand platform?
- How do I know my application has been received?
- Will you run a show if it has already been aired on another community channel?
- Does my submission screener need to meet the A/V technical requirements?
- Am I able to include advertising within my project?
- Does TELUS provide any license or acquisition fees for projects selected for STORYHIVE Showcase?
- Do I need a transcription for a program being submitted for STORYHIVE Distribution?