The Project Lead (or Production Company) must have all the rights to produce, own and exploit the project. So, the Project Lead is required to obtain all releases and clearances as stated in the Grant Agreement. These releases and clearances should be between the Project Lead (or Production Company) and the subject(s), NOT between TELUS and the subjects. Please consult with your legal advisors for more information.
Articles in this section
- Is TELUS able help on Incorporation/chain of title/legal and business affairs/accounting issues related to my project?
- Can I use an Incorporated Company or a Sole Proprietorship?
- What are the obligations around contracts, legal council, insurance and unions?
- I’m doing a project on a current event or ‘hot-button’ issue. Is there anything special I need to be aware of?
- I have some swearing/nudity/violence/drug use/drinking/smoking/other questionable content in my project. Is that a problem?
- What rights do I need for the project?
- Do I have to have music rights?
- Can my project change after the final TELUS submission?
- Can my concept change during production?
- What is the volunteer report and who is considered a volunteer?