Yes. You must have all the rights to all content, including archival video, performances, stills, and music rights for the term of the license (10 years) (including master-use and synch rights). We take a non-exclusive license, with the right to show the project on Optik™ TV and TELUS’ other distribution platforms (including Optik™ on the Go, our websites, and YouTube). If you can’t clear the music for that amount of time, you cannot use it!
Articles in this section
- Is TELUS able help on Incorporation/chain of title/legal and business affairs/accounting issues related to my project?
- Can I use an Incorporated Company or a Sole Proprietorship?
- What are the obligations around contracts, legal council, insurance and unions?
- I’m doing a project on a current event or ‘hot-button’ issue. Is there anything special I need to be aware of?
- I have some swearing/nudity/violence/drug use/drinking/smoking/other questionable content in my project. Is that a problem?
- What rights do I need for the project?
- Do I have to have music rights?
- Can my project change after the final TELUS submission?
- Can my concept change during production?
- What is the volunteer report and who is considered a volunteer?