Please refer to the submission rules , policies and ratings guidelines on the website and within your Grant Agreement. Content must comply with all laws, regulations and policies governing content, taste, community reflection and diversity of voices, including the Broadcasting Act, CRTC Best Practice Code, and other relevant Canadian codes pertaining to the nature of acceptable content (please consult the Canadian Broadcast Standards Council website for further information). Specifically, projects containing violence, profanity, nudity, sexual situations, drug and alcohol use and other mature content will be held to these standards and may be required to remove or change material prior to airing. Please note that TELUS Optik™ TV On Demand only broadcasts programs that are "G" or "PG" rated and those ratings guidelines are on the Canadian Association of Broadcasters website.
Articles in this section
- Is TELUS able help on Incorporation/chain of title/legal and business affairs/accounting issues related to my project?
- Can I use an Incorporated Company or a Sole Proprietorship?
- What are the obligations around contracts, legal council, insurance and unions?
- I’m doing a project on a current event or ‘hot-button’ issue. Is there anything special I need to be aware of?
- I have some swearing/nudity/violence/drug use/drinking/smoking/other questionable content in my project. Is that a problem?
- What rights do I need for the project?
- Do I have to have music rights?
- Can my project change after the final TELUS submission?
- Can my concept change during production?
- What is the volunteer report and who is considered a volunteer?