Project Leads must meet the following criteria:
- Must have completed your STORYHIVE creator profile
- Must be at least the age of majority in your province of residence at the time of registration.
- Must live In British Columbia or Alberta or specific locations within BC or AB as defined for the Edition. For more information on eligibility, see Edition specific guidelines. Project Leads will be required to demonstrate proof of residency BEFORE receiving funds from STORYHIVE.
- Must be a Citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
- NO BDU CONFLICT: Project Leads cannot be employed by TELUS or any other Broadcast Distribution Undertaking (a "BDU" such as Optik™ TV, TELUS Satellite TV, Shaw Cable, Shaw Direct, or any other Canadian cable or IPTV (i.e. internet-protocol television) service provider, or any external partners of TELUS who enter into an agreement with TELUS to assist in any way with this competition.
- STORYHIVE is funded under the CRTC’s Local Programming guidelines. These guidelines restrict us from providing funding to certain media professionals who are already working within the traditional broadcast system. In order to confirm eligibility, applicants must not have received a broadcast license from a Canadian broadcaster in the last three years.
I do not live in the required area of residence. If I team up with someone who does, are we eligible for a grant?
Yes, as long as the Project Lead meets the residency requirements.
Why do you need my address?
We need your address to determine if you meet the residency requirements for any given STORYHIVE edition.
Why are we limiting grants to British Columbia and Alberta?
Optik™ Local supports Community Access Programming in the areas that it services.